http://kathys-lifesong.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
Daughter of God, wife, mother, grandmother, friend, daughter, sister, aunt. Always desiring to be better at all these.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sorrow and Sympathy

I visited with one of my dearest friends and her husband today. He is in the final stages of life and my heart can hardly bear the sorrow I feel for them and the separation they are facing. In one way they are at peace--they know our Lord and trust him with the outcome, but they are still hoping for a miracle. Again, it begs the question, "Why does God allow such suffering to come to good people?" I certainly can't answer that one except that I know we are not alone in our pain. God, himself, suffered as the Father and as the Son on the cross in a way that we cannot comprehend. Even that knowledge doesn't make it any easier.

In trying to comfort my friend I could only hug her, cry with her and offer to be with her at a moment's notice. There are no words at times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment