http://kathys-lifesong.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
Daughter of God, wife, mother, grandmother, friend, daughter, sister, aunt. Always desiring to be better at all these.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

My son has been 3000 miles away for most of a week. Now, granted, he doesn't live with me anymore and has his own family, but there is still that nagging consciousness that someone is out of place in the family. I don't get to see him much more than once every 4-6 weeks, but there is comfort in knowing he is home with his own. I know they have missed him this week, but there is such a sweetness in being separated for a time and looking forward to the reunion. Wish I could see the boys greet their dad.

That is the same sweetness I look forward to in being reunited with loved ones in heaven--especially my dad. He was so very fragile and frail during the last couple of years of his life and it will be wonderful to see him "making sawdust" and singing again. A carpenter at home with the master carpenter. How good is that?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment