http://kathys-lifesong.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
Daughter of God, wife, mother, grandmother, friend, daughter, sister, aunt. Always desiring to be better at all these.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Satisfaction

What is it about stress or sadness or worry that makes me want to eat? I catch myself grazing without hunger or thought whenever I am looking for comfort or answers to problems as if the food could give the solution. Can I be re-programed to go to the meat of the Word and the Living Water of Christ for satisfaction or am I so entrenched in my habits that it is too late?

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you." Psalm 63:3-5 This tells me the hunger I am experiencing is not physical, but is soul hunger. No amount of food will satisfy this hunger--only God can fill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment