http://kathys-lifesong.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
Daughter of God, wife, mother, grandmother, friend, daughter, sister, aunt. Always desiring to be better at all these.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

That Hurts!!

O.K., I am officially obese, or should I say OBESE! Of course, I knew I was overweight. That has been a problem off and on since I was 14 years old, but obese?I went to a weight loss support group meeting last night and they did the weigh, measure, caliper pinch (in three places), and the BMI thing. The numbers were ugly to say the least. I could have cried. I have done this work before-several times-and don't want to do it again, but there are several things to consider.

First, this body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. The measurements are just a bit bigger than the design called for and certainly not in the condition it should be in.

Second, the extra weight puts me at risk for several unpleasant possibilities such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, back problems and knee problems. Not things I would like to go through.

Third, I just feel sluggish and unable to do the things I would like to do. My energy level is low. It is a vicious circle of not being able to lose the weight if I don't exercise, but exercise is uncomfortable at this point.

So, I have decisions and commitments to make that no one else can make for me and no one else can do for me. I am on my own in this one and there is no one to blame but myself. Cause and effect; action and consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment