http://kathys-lifesong.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
Daughter of God, wife, mother, grandmother, friend, daughter, sister, aunt. Always desiring to be better at all these.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Favorite Scripture

O.K., so I have been thinking of how to start and decided to begin by sharing my favorite scripture. However, that turned out to be a dilemna since I have several favorites. For today I think it will be Zephaniah 3:17: "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing".

If you haven't already guessed, music (and especially singing) brings me great joy and comfort. One of my best memories is being in the car with my family, way before the days of video games and DVD players, and all of us singing. Even now I can hear my Dad's voice singing the bass part on "I'll Fly Away" or "We'll Understand It All Bye and Bye". In his later years, he loved "The Gaithers" and sang along with great gusto when watching their videos.

I sing alto, probably because I sat in church beside my grandmother growing up and she sang alto. I had the great privilege of singing with a Worship Team for about five years and loved every minute of it. I believe that was a gift from God.

Back to the scripture I quoted above, can you just imagine the God of heaven bending over you, quieting you with his love and singing over you? I just get goose-bumps thinking of that. What a beautiful picture!! He loves me that much! He loves you that much, too!

Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment